Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Feed Hunt

I found Blogline's search tool easiest to use. Technorati is alright, too. I liked the "Local News" feature on Topix but I'm definitely going to avoid this site in the future because I can't resist the temptation to click on the "Comments" section. And that's always a huge mistake. It's like reading the "Rants & Raves" in the Times-Union. Infuriating at best, just plain depressing at worst. Syndic8 might be good but I didn't have the patience to try to figure it out because I didn't find the site aesthetically pleasing and I'm shallow that way.

The library-related feed I subscribed to was Library Link of the Day. It appealed to me because there is only one link per day. I can keep up with something like this. More importantly, these are not (for the most part) links to librarian blogs and news sources. They are links to items about the real world that have library applications.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog was created to chronicle my participation in Jacksonville Public Library's Learning 2.0 project.